Pacemaker OR Defibrillator (ICD) FOLLOW-UP
Regular follow-up checks of your pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) are an important part of your implanted device care. Some of the objectives of the pacemaker follow-up clinic include:
- Optimizing the settings of the pacemaker to match your present needs
- Maximizing the battery life of your pacemaker and detecting early signs of battery depletion
- Monitoring the underlying electrical disease process and accommodate changing pacemaker/ICD made out of stainless steel
- Re-programming around pacer related problems
- Staying abreast of pacemaker advisories and alerts, and
- Educate patients and family members.